Monday, June 15, 2009
Another Unique Idea
I found this idea on Let's Scrap. It was created by Amanda Newton. I thought it was quite cute and decided to make one. It's a gift card holder made from a toilet paper tube! How unique is that?! Hopefully, my directions are clear and the photos will help you along if you choose to create one yourself. I'm giving my dad a gift certificate for Father's Day and just had to make this to put the g.c. in. My father really appreciates home-made items so I'm sure he'll get a kick out of this. Let me know if you make one and put the link in the comment section below. I'd love to see what you come up with. Enjoy!
GIFT CARD HOLDER INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Assemble all your materials: toilet paper tube, scissors, ruler, cutter, scrap paper, adhesive, ribbon, a couple of embellishments.
2. Flatten the t.p. roll. You might need to weigh it down for an hour or so....or longer if needed.
3. Put a line of glue to the inside of one end of the tp roll and press to seal it. I recommend strong adhesive. Leave opposite end open as this is where the card will go in. Again, you may have to weigh it down overnight or for several hours as I found I had to do.
4. Cut a strip of paper 4 1/4" x 6". Turn paper over and place the flattened tube in the center.
5. Fold in each side until they meet and glue to the tube. There will be a 1/2" overlap.
6. Cut another strip 3" x 6". Center the tube and repeat step 5.
7. Wrap a ribbon around one end of the tube or adhere ribbon to cover the edges of the decorative strip of paper.
8. Embellish the holder with stickers, chipboard letters, stars, balloons, etc depending on the theme of the gift or event.
9. I typed up a poem for Father's day and placed that inside the tube. The gift card will be placed inside this end as well.