Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I Won My First Blog Award!
I am so thrilled to receive an award from Rebecca of Scrapper's Delight. Thanks so much, Becca! In order to accept this award, I need to list 5 things about myself and then list 5 other people who I believe deserve this award.
First, here are 5 Things About Me (that you might not have known)
1. I was a Certified Nursing Assistant for 15 years then went back to school at age 48 to become a Medical Assistant. It's never too late to learn and grow! (I still work as a CNA--been 18 years)
2. At the age of 51, I became a mom--again and I wasn't pregnant! My husband and I adopted my step-grandson (his bio grandson) in July of 2008.
3. My favorite place to enjoy a cup of coffee is Dunkin Donuts---Cinnamon Hazelnut! I always order a medium with 3 Splenda and one extra cream.
4. When I was 22 years old, I won a Legs Contest! I had to go on stage in a one piece swimsuit and do an impromptu dance to show off my legs. I was coerced by a friend who believed I could win. If you knew me, you would know that this demanded alot of courage to get on stage and perform. The prize? $100!
5. I am a descendant of Stephen Hopkins of the Mayflower on my mother's side! I can honestly PROVE that I am descended from his line via his son Giles. My great-uncle did a genealogy of it back in the 1950's through the 60's and had it documented. I now hold it in my possession.
Here are the 5 bloggers I'd like to give this Award to: So, gals, do the same on your blog--list 5 things about yourself and the award is yours!
Teresa--A Scrappers Life
Kathy--Chocolate Chips and Coffee
Brianna--Jill of All Craft Trades
Joyce--Scrap For Joy
Pat--A Scrappin Nana
Thanks again Rebecca!