Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Just Created An Altered Item--Come See!



I had a moment of inspiration and decided to alter this rolling pin. I covered the roller with paper from Miss Elizabeth---paper that I've had for quite awhile now. It's adhered with Gesso which gives it a bit of a shine. The words, Apple Pie, are cut using the Cricut and the Jasmine cartridge. The "recipe" is adhered to paper that covers an art canvas (8x10). The back is also covered although there's no pic of it. I cut a length of wire (probably about 3 feet--I didn't measure it). It's one long piece that starts at the hole on one side, wraps around the handle of the roller, is then twisted a couple of times (to create a hanging loop) and then down to wrap around the other handle and then back through the opposite hole and twisted closed. Oh, before wrapping the wire around the rolling pin, I put on several wooden beads to dress up either side of the wire. Twill and ric-rac were used to decorate the edges of the paper and then used as a bow on the loop of the wire. I'm not quite sure of the bow--what do you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is such a great idea Lori! I love it! Just stopped by between getitng kids on their buses to say hi! I just might have to steal your idea! I've been FINALLY getting the scrappy itch again! I'm getting in the mood to make holiday things! Take care!