Saturday, December 5, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Well, the white stuff is coming down--it started about 10 minutes ago. And to think that 2 days ago it was 62 degrees out and yesterday it was 50! Only in New England, girls, only in New England. The weather service is calling for 5+ inches but originally we were supposed to get 2 to 4 inches. We're supposed to get our tree tomorrow, but we'll see. I just watched the news and heard that Texas got hit with the white stuff!! Some people there have never seen snow and in one community, they don't own even one snow plow. I was amazed that they shut down the airport because they received 2 inches. That's nothing to us---that's a dusting! So, if any of my followers live in Texas and you want MORE of this stuff---you can have what's in my backyard!!!

Anyway, on another note, the kids and I spent the morning at a Craft Fair--I didn't buy much---not enough money, then we went to a local ceramic place where my daughter, Jackie, painted a bowl for her grandfather for Christmas and Zachery painted a mug for his grandfather. They also made some ornaments (free) as part of Sanford's Holly Daze. Lots of stuff going on until about 3:00 but we headed home. I wanted to go on the horse-drawn wagon rides, but the line was too long for me to wait in the cold. A local senior center had free cookie decorating, so we stopped there as well. That's what I love about my town---they're so family oriented. Last night there was a parade but we missed it. Around Christmas, there's such a nice, small-town, homey feel to the holiday.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: