Monday, March 15, 2010

Crop Challenge Creations

Good Day, Ladies!
I participated in Life on the Scrap Beach's Crop this past weekend and the theme was based the 80's--fashion, movies, etc. Kathryn (the hostess "with the mostess") gave us 6 challenges. I've completed 5 our of 6. Not too bad!

The first challenge was "Rainbow Brite" who was popular with young girls during the 80's. This is a layout of my oldest daughter dressed up as Rainbow Brite for a Halloween party during her college years (2006). The challenge was to use the 6 colors of the rainbow plus white-black-gray. So here it is:
The second challenge was to create a layout or project using bleach based on the style of wearing 'acid-washed' jeans back in the 80's. I haven't completed that one yet as I didn't have any bleach on hand.

The third challenge was to make a layout or project involving a major interactive element. So, I made an Easter waterfall mini album using pastel colored cardstock. I'll add photos and embellishments later.
Challenge 4 was to create a layout or project about eating based on the popular movie "The Breakfast Club". I created a layout of when I went out with my family for my 50th birthday.
Challenge 5 was to use scrunched up/wrinkled paper. I created a flower:
Challenge 6 was based on another movie "Pretty In Pink". We had to create a layout or project using ONLY the color pink. The only other color allowed was black for journaling if we didn't have a pink journaling pen (which I don't). Every single thing on the layout had to be pink. So here's my take:
The crop was fun and challenging and I so wish I could've gotten the other challenges completed.

I just received a package today from Cara who hosted the Valentine Tag Swap over at Life on the Scrap Beach. These tags are gorgeous!! I've decided that I have to get a bulletin board to display the tags I've received in recent swaps. Take a look:
It was a busy weekend--real rainy and a good weekend to stay inside and create. It's still raining as I write this. Time to head out to work.

Have a wonderful day, my friends!

1 comment:

Pryn said...

Awesome work Lori! You have been a very busy bee :) Keep up the great posts!