Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A New Mini to Share!

I just completed a mini album for the "Go Green" swap at Scrapper's Delight. I'm really late in finishing this and mailing it out, but I think my partner will like it (I hope!). We had to create a project that was as 'green' (recycled) as possible, so I chose to make a mini using toilet paper rolls. I covered them with scraps of paper and even used the plastic packaging material to make a pocket. I added rubons here and there to spruce up the tags and pages. Knowing that I had to make this booklet, I saved the plastic closures to the bread and used those as pull tabs on the tags. While looking at a Prima flower package, I realized I could use the scalloped part as part of a tag. It was the right color and already decorated! Then as I was emptying out a box of chipboard letters, I noticed the side of the chipboard box--it had a row of flowers--it was perfect to use as a border in the mini! So, I cut it down to fit on the cover of this mini. I think it works perfectly! The flower is handmade from a scrap. I also used scraps of ribbon that were too small for any other type of project. I even used scraps of chipboard for the tags. Here are more pics--Enjoy!
This tag is created from Prima packaging because of the scalloped edge.

The back is kept simple to be used for journaling or a photo.
This is the page using the cellophone packaging with a rubon edging.
Above is a tag created from another scrapbook package with the bunny already printed on it. I didn't have to do anything to this side!
This is the back side of the tag (above)

I hope you enjoyed this mini and that you're inspired to create one of your own. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your mini album and the colors you choose are awesome. I only make cards but this is tempting me big time!

laterg8r said...

love the mini and how many hidden things there are :D

dragonflydreamer said...

What a lovely mini album. I have been wanting to make a couple of mini albums and have been looking for inspiration. After seeing yours, I am feeling inspired. TFS!

xo Susi xo

IslandV said...

This is beautiful! I would love to try out a Green Mini Album! TFS! How did you use the toilet paper roll? I could not tell that piece since it looked wide...