Monday, August 23, 2010

Come Join Me For "Make N Take Monday!"

This is something new that I'm starting and today is the first of the Make N Take Mondays! I hope that you'll join me each Monday for a quick little scrappy item that doesn't take long to create. 

Today is a Make N Take Note Pad Holder.  It's simple to make and can be used in the kitchen, office or classroom.  I hope you have fun making one (or many!). 

Materials Needed:
Piece of Cardboard--4x6
Piece of Cardstock--4x6
Scrap of Designer Paper--3 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Letters to spell out "Notes"  (not shown)
Sticky Paper Pad--3"x 3" square
small Magnet

Instructions:

1.  Adhere the 4x6 piece of cardstock to the 4x6 piece of chipboard/cardboard

2.  Adhere the designer paper to the cardstock--there should be 1/4" margin all around:

3.  Next, add glue to the back of the square paper pad and adhere in the middle and close to the bottom of the base:

4.  Add your choice of embellishment.  I used 2 different sized flowers and a button for the center:
5. Using stickers, rubons or letters cut from a diecut machine, glue them above the pad. Note: leave room for your embellishment:
6.  Using a strong liquid adhesive (I used 3in1 Beacon's), Glue a magnet to the back near the top.
Now it's finished!  Hang on any magnetic surface.  Enjoy!

Wishing you a wonderful day.  Join me next week for the next Make N Take Monday.

2 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

A cute and simple idea for glamming up your notetaking -- and something else I can use these recycled cereal boxes for. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes, Tammy

Anonymous said...

That is darling! I won't be making anything today, but you have inspired me to spend a little time in my room straightening up ;o)