Monday, September 13, 2010

Make N Take Monday 3--Gift Card Holder

Today I have a Gift Card Holder to share with you.  Please excuse the quality of the photos.  I was doing this late at night in my bedroom where the lighting isn't that great.  Enjoy!

Materials:
cardstock
designer scraps
bone folder
trimmer
1" hole punch
scissors or Stampin' Up word window punch
sticky tape adhesive
Permanent adhesive

Step 1:  Cut the cardstock into a strip 4 1/4" x 11":
Step 2:  Score this strip at 3", 5 1/2" and 8"
Step 3:  Fold in the two panels (left and right side) towards the middle:
Step 4:  Fold the score line in the middle of the center panel upward to create a "mountain":

Step 5:  Flip over and attch sticky tape (red line) to the top, right side and bottom of the middle piece.  DO NOT put tape along the fold!
Note:  The panel to the right should not be glued. 
Step 6:  Fold the panel with the adhesive to the left and press down.  The piece of cardstock should look like an upside down "T":  This middle piece is where the gift card goes.
Step 7:  Using your SU word window punch, punch out 2 slots 1/4" in from both ends.  I don't have a SU punch, so I used scissors.  I just measured in 1/4" and cut a long slit to the opposite end as shown:
Step 8: Using a 1" hole punch or slightly larger, cut a notch in the center of this panel. This is to help pull out the gift card.
                         
Step 9:  Cover with designer paper.   You will need 2 pieces cut at 3" x 4 1/2". These are for the front and back "covers".   Adhere and ink the edges.  Now you'll need four contrast pieces cut  at 3" x 4 3/8" for the inside panels.  Adhere each piece to each outside panel but do not put the paper against the fold--this will cause bulk and the card will not close properly. 
For the center panels, you'll need to trace where the notches are.  Cut out and adhere:
Here's what it should look like with the card:

I hope you understand the directions.  If not please let me know in the comment section.  I didn't add other embellies such as ribbons, sentiment, flowers, etc, due to time contraints and lighting, but I'll add those at another time  I just wanted to give you the basics of creating a gift card holder.

 I also found that this card can be used on layouts and mini albums for tags.  Just put a tag in the middle panel and journaling spots on either side or leave as is for photos.  That is what I plan to do for my next mini.  

Have Fun and Have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice :o)