Welcome to Day 2of the CSD "Be My Valentine" blog hop. In case you weren't here yesterday to start the hop and view everyone's projects, go to the previous post found HERE.
We all know that Valentine's Day is to celebrate LOVE and most of us think of it as a day for couples. But, I believe that V-Day can be a day to celebrate your love for....anything! So, for today, I thought I'd share a layout I created showing my love for CHOCOLATE!
If you want to make something similar, here are the directions:
1. Choose a 12x12 piece of cardstock in your choice of color
2. Choose a 12x12 piece of patterned paper and cut down to 11 1/2 square
3. Adhere the patterned paper to the cardstock
4. Choose a 3rd sheet of coordinating patterned paper for the heart. I cut mine by lightly folding the paper in half and cutting a heart shape. (think first grade-LOL)
5. If you like texture on your layouts, stitch around the heart before adhering to the page or....draw some 'stitch' lines which is what I did.
6. Attach your photo and/or large embellie on top of the heart
7. Adhere your title in the upper left corner
8. Jot or type your journaling on some journal style paper and adhere
9. Cut a length of ribbon 14" in length and wrap around the entire layout about 3" up from the bottom and glue to the back (1" on each side).
10. Adhere a cluster of embellies in the lower right corner.
The layout is now complete.
CHALLENGE: Create a layout using a candy wrapper; or some sort of packaging material as an embellishment. Upload your project to my challenge thread found HERE. Each day of the hop, I will be challenging you to a new project. For each project you complete and upload, you'll earn one ticket towards my nice prize (which I'm still putting together). I hope you'll play along. I am looking forward to seeing what you make! Thanks for participating. Come back tomorrow for Day 3's project.
Here is the list of blog hop hostesses. Check them out as most also did a Day 2 project.
SANDY Scrapbook Blessings
DENINE Pumpkin Spice
BRANDI Joyfully Creative
PAM Dreamers Klub
ANGELA tealfully Cuttin Up
MARYANNE Scrappy Gifts
LORI Scrapmom's Musings
KATIE Katie's Nesting Spot
ANN Ann Lenth
BRENDA Brenda's Joy
STEPHANIE Today's Magical
ALECIA Freak Alecia's
CHERYL Tickled Pink
LUISA Creative Designs by Luisa
Have a great day!