Tuesday, February 8, 2011

DAY 2 of "Be My Valentine" Blog Hop

Welcome to Day 2of the CSD "Be My Valentine" blog hop.  In case you weren't here yesterday to start the hop and view everyone's projects, go to the previous post found HERE.

We all know that Valentine's Day is to celebrate LOVE and most of us think of it as a day for couples.  But, I believe that V-Day can be a day to celebrate your love for....anything!   So, for today, I thought I'd share a layout I created showing my love for CHOCOLATE!

I used an actual candy wrapper as an embellishment for this layout.  Before I ate it though, I took a photo of the candy bar.  The wrapper needed "something", so I attached a decorative square with scalloped edges adhered to a red paper clip and attached a red flower with a silver heart brad.  The note paper used for my journaling is a page torn from the Making Memories "Noteworthy" spiral journal set.  I used red cardstock with a sheet of brown vintage style patterned paper attached to that. 

If you want to make something similar, here are the directions:

1.  Choose a 12x12 piece of cardstock in your choice of color
2.  Choose a 12x12 piece of patterned paper and cut down to 11 1/2 square
3.  Adhere the patterned paper to the cardstock
4.  Choose a 3rd sheet of coordinating patterned paper for the heart.  I cut mine by lightly folding the paper in half and cutting a heart shape.  (think first grade-LOL)
5.  If you like texture on your layouts, stitch around the heart before adhering to the page or....draw some 'stitch' lines which is what I did.
6.  Attach your photo and/or large embellie on top of the heart
7.  Adhere your title in the upper left corner
8.  Jot or type your journaling on some journal style paper and adhere
9.  Cut a length of ribbon 14" in length and wrap around the entire layout about 3" up from the bottom and glue to the back (1" on each side).
10.  Adhere a cluster of embellies in the lower right corner.

The layout is now complete.

CHALLENGE:  Create a layout using a candy wrapper; or some sort of packaging material as an embellishment.  Upload your project to my challenge thread found HERE. Each day of the hop, I will be challenging you to a new project. For each project you complete and upload, you'll earn one ticket towards my nice prize (which I'm still putting together). I hope you'll play along. I am looking forward to seeing what you make!  Thanks for participating.  Come back tomorrow for Day 3's project.

Here is the list of blog hop hostesses. Check them out as most also did a Day 2 project.

SANDY Scrapbook Blessings

DENINE Pumpkin Spice

BRANDI  Joyfully Creative

PAM Dreamers Klub

ANGELA tealfully Cuttin Up

MARYANNE Scrappy Gifts

LORI  Scrapmom's Musings

KATIE Katie's Nesting Spot

ANN Ann Lenth

BRENDA  Brenda's Joy

STEPHANIE  Today's Magical

ALECIA  Freak Alecia's

CHERYL Tickled Pink

LUISA  Creative Designs by Luisa

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Angie said...

OMGosh I almost licked the page! haha Hersheys is my favorite! Great lo idea!

bless her heart said...

Angela's right - it looks pretty and delicious at the same time! - Stephanie

Lori said...

Thanks, Ladies!!

Scrappin said...

Lori, we can always count on you for creative and wonderful projects. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Valentine Hugs :)
CSDivas DT Ann

Unknown said...

Food can be a great inspiration! Not a chocolate lover, but I love your page!

DT Pam, CSDivas