Saturday, September 3, 2011

Wow! What a Busy Summer.....

and I'm going to miss it.  It has just flown by.  Of course, living in New England, summer is a very short season so we enjoy it as much as we can.  Already our leaves are changing and the nights are cooler.  I do love Fall as well, but that only means that winter is around the corner and I DON"T like winter--at all!

But, besides that, I've been a busy gal.  I've been camping this summer, working on several projects, completing swaps, working and just recently.....broke my right foot!  Yup, I figured I had to do one last thing before the summer ended.   Just kidding!   I broke it 2 weeks ago heading off to work at 2:15 pm---stepped onto the slate walkway when my shoe (Crocs) hit the angle of a slate just right and my foot "rolled".   Man, did it hurt!  I went down with tears in my eyes.  I thought it was just sprained, so I hobbled into the house, put on a pair of sneakers and went to work.  

Now, my job requires a tremendous amount of walking, standing, pushing, pulling, twisting and turning.  I'm a certified nursing assistant.   I tell you, my foot swelled up, was an awful shade of black and blue and hurt like Hell!  I asked to leave twice....but I was denied because those in charge didn't think it looked that bad.   W-H-A-T!!  So, by 9:45 pm, I had had it, so I drove to the ER (about a half hour from work) and had it X-Rayed.  Sure enough, it was broken.  I knew it!  I should've gone right to the ER when it happened.  When the doctor found out it had happened 8 hours previously he wasn't happy.  Not with me, but with my supervisor.  So, I'm now in a "Frankenstein boot" hobbling around.  I was out of work for a week, but am back now.  I am restricted, although that's a joke as it doesn't work out. 

Meanwhile, I'm busy working on swaps (which were late), working on a new travelogue, starting and completing special orders, and doing my best to stay organized.  My husband and I are also looking for a house, so we've been really busy with that as well.  I've spent the last 3 weeks looking at so many houses!  We put an offer in on one just the other day and I'm hoping and praying that it's accepted.  So, if you feel obliged, please say a prayer to the Almighty that we get this house.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart if you do. 

So, here are some photos of some journal spots I made for the Journal Me This Spot group over at Your Paper Pantry (I just LOVE that place!).   If you're not a member (only $12 a year), please stop by---it is so much fun with so many fantastic groups--there's something for everyone there!   I tossed aside the first ones I made.  We were to use certain paper lines--October Afternoon, Sassafrass Lass or Cosmo Cricket.  I used scraps of OA and CC.  The theme was "kids, bikes and bruised knees", in other words, we had to make journal spots in a retro kids style.  Not sure how they'll go over by the recipients, but these are what I came up with:






Thanks for looking!

No comments: