Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to all you Moms!

Yes, because without Dad, well....you wouldn't be a mom! I remember the first time I gave my mother a card on Father's Day--she was so stunned. She couldn't understand why I would give her a card on that special day. I explained that without dad, she wouldn't be a mom! I don't know how the rest of you are spending your day, but my husband is currently taking a much needed nap as he went out fishing in the wee hours of the morning--2 a.m.! He didn't catch anything, but he got drenched. We are back to the rainy weather---again! It's hard to believe that today is the first day of summer. So far our weather has been in the 60's and even though we're in Maine (southern), it's still 15 degrees below normal for us. I've got a feeling though that it'll jump to the 90's before long. That's how it is in New England.

Back to Father's Day. I didn't buy anything special for my husband. He loves fishing and prefers to buy his own "stuff", so he just took some money for himself and called it good. Hey, fine by me--that took all the stress out of shopping for him! Whew! It'll be an ordinary day, doing ordinary things, but that's okay. I like ordinary! Hope all of you have a wonderful Father's Day and/or First Day of Summer. Enjoy!

No comments: