Thursday, July 9, 2009

I was browsing through my layouts

and came across several that I had totally forgotten I had created. Do any of you do that? These layouts are from 6 months to a year ago. I have about 50 layouts that need to get into albums, but I hate taking apart the post bound albums and then putting it together again. So for now the layouts sit in 12x12 acrylic boxes. Feel free to scraplift if you choose. I just felt like sharing. I know that for me, when I visit a blog, the first thing I'm looking for are layouts. I just LOVE looking at other scrapper's work and that's why I need to get going here and start creating! The more layouts I make, the more I can upload and the more you can enjoy them!

The above layout is my daughter, Valerie, 24 years ago! I wanted to make it girly but with a shabby feel to it. I clustered buttons, flowers, and bling together--I love clustering! The buttons are "dressed" with embroidery floss. The pink satin bow says "Baby Girl" in volumes and the scalloped frame holding the title compliments the scalloped edging of the page itself, plus the scalloped pieces in the middle. I also did some stitching on these pieces. The journaling block is stiched with a plaid bow in the corner to complete the layout.

"10 Wishes" is a layout depicting my two daughters when we were in San Antonio in 2007. The title is created with bling chipboard. I also used Prima flowers, buttons, ribbon and Bazzill scalloped paper. The journaling is hidden beneath the photo. It's a letter to my girls about what 10 Wishes I would grant them if I could.

"Water Boy" is of my step-grandson, Zachery last August. These pics were taken at Gooch's Beach in Kennebunk (Maine). I use purples and blues which is not something I would normally do for a beach page. The purples (and pink ric-rak) was to pull the colors from his boogie board. The blue of course denotes water. I used plain chipboard swirls in the corners and accented them with a journaling pen. I added silver brads for a water droplet effect. I outlined the papers with a pen as well to define them against the almost white background. It's a fairly simple layout which was hard for me. I'm used to doing more elaborate, girly layouts.

The above layout, Family Day, is another simple layout for me. I cut out the circles with flowers from patterned paper and added an "F" rubon to the center of a cut out flower to be used for the Title. The large lime green circle is a Bazzill piece of chipboard (can't remember the line) that I inked and added dots with a pen to emphasis. I added ribbons, flower brads and a photo turn to add more "fun" to the layout. The title was created using wire a beads to spell Family. The word Day is done by putting beads on a pin. I haven't done the journaling yet. That is hidden beneath the top photo. I have a tendency of doing alot of hidden journaling.

Well, those are some of my "forgotten" layouts. I hope you liked them.

On another note, my oldest daughter encouraged us (my youngest dd and my grandson) to go for a 2 mile walk. Well, I was due for some exercise as I hadn't been to the gym in two weeks because we've had so much rain that prevented me from getting out for a walk before today. Lately, I'm feeling a bit bloated and can FEEL the weight nudging at the waist line of my shorts and pants. Of course, the BBQ last weekend didn't help with keeping my weight down! I've never had to worry about weight gain. I've always been fortunate enough that I could just eat and not gain. My daughter is just like that. But, in the last 4 years I have steadily gained. Good ole' Menopause! Today was a perfect day for walking and we power walked! I broke a sweat and felt good about it. Now the guilt of not getting to the gym is gone and now I can reward myself with sitting at the computer or creating a layout and not feeling like I need to get to the gym. I think we're done with the rain so far. I know I've had enough! I was close to building an Ark.

All for now, ladies. Have a great night.

1 comment:

Brianna Marshall said...

awww sweet baby Valerie,these layots are all great!