Saturday, July 18, 2009

Swap Goodies Posted

Sorry, gals, for not writing during the week. There was alot to do! All is well though. I've been working, doing stuff around the house, errands and just a host of other things that just eat into my time and before I know it, a day has passed. It's a sign of age, my mother would say. This is unusual for me not to go this long without posting something! So, I am going to show you what a wonderful swap partner sent me. I joined the "Summer's Almost Here" swap over at Etsy Cottage Style about month ago or so. We had to send 3 (at least) items to our partner in these 3 categories: beach, bird's nest and flower(s). At least one item had to be home-made. I really love what I got. So, Michele, if you read this someday--I just want to say THANK YOU!

On another note, I'm off to a family cookout tomorrow--one that is WAAY overdue and it should be a great time. I won't be posting (so far as I know) tonight or tomorrow as I have some cooking to do and other things. I hope all of you are having a great weekend so far.

I love the paper Michele used to wrap this in. I plan on re-using it in my scrapping projects!

Above is what was wrapped in the paper. This is a paper weight and fits the BEACH theme of the swap.

The above photo is a slice of cake made from paper and is loaded with sequins, lace, and flowers. This falls into the HANDMADE theme

This is the side of the cake showing the sequins.

And the cake was filled with goodies. These are items I can use in my scrapping or altered art projects.

A box of lemon cookies---Yum!

The above is a box with a bird and nest--very pretty! I love boxes like this. They're great for storage in my scrapbook room. The bow also has a flower. Have you noticed that there has been a flower on everything she sent me?!


And this is what was inside the box---a bird's nest ornament.

Thanks, ladies, for taking a peek at my swap gifts.

No comments: