Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Layout to Share!


I just completed a layout for a challenge on Let's Scrap. I haven't done a two page layout in ages, but this went by quickly as I had a great sketch to work with. If you've never been to Let's Scrap--check it out! It's a wonderful blog loaded with great sketches, challenges, contests, prizes and of course, a wonderful bunch of ladies.

The photos in this layout are not that great as I had my camera on the wrong setting. I also was standing quite a distance away--(I was actually standing in the doorway of my kitchen in my pajamas trying to catch all the action without having to step out into the snow), so when I 'zoomed' in on the photo to crop, I lost alot of clarity.

The snowman is a simple paperpiecing and all I did was tear strips of paper as 'snow' for him to stand in. There's an assortment of snowflakes decorating the pages--punchies, brads and layered flakes. Don't look at the title too close (oh geez, now that I said that, you will!) Anyway, I had to piece together a few of the letters which is not easy to do when using rubons! I'd like to think that I did a pretty darn good job! The mittens are shaker boxes based on Rebecca Sower's creations from several years ago. The tree is a diecut that I embellished using Tim Holtz's "Stickles" Crystal glitter glue.

I'm off to create another layout for Janna Wilson's 52 Week challenge. I'll post that when it's done in a day or two as I'm heading out to work in a few hours. Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

laterg8r said...

love the shaker box mittens :D