Monday, February 14, 2011

Welcome to Day 7 of the "Be My Valentine" Blog Hop

Today is the last day of the CSD Be My Valentine Blog Hop.  If you've been following along each day, I hope you've had fun and have been inspired by the great projects offered.  For me, it's given me a chance to create everyday and to force myself to finish a project.  If you step into my scrap room, you'll see too many projects not completed.  I've had alot of fun making these items and I hope you will to.  So, let's get on with today's creation:

I want to share with you a layout that I made to celebrate (hence the title) my wedding shower (back in 1984).  This layout is very shabby which is how I love to scrap.  I used real fabric doilies as an oversized accent.  I also used bling, flowers, ribbon, felt filligree (Queen & Co.), paper doilies--anything to make it look feminine and romantic. 
I also cut out a large heart from paper and stitched around the edges then roughened up the edges as well.  On top of that, I adhered the fabric doily.  I layered strips of patterned paper on top of this.  Shabby is all about layers and distressing and adding embellies in clusters.  My CHALLENGE for you is......

to create a layout using FABRIC.  It doesn't have to be a doily.  Try your hand at making your layout shabby, but you don't have to.  It doesnt' have to be a 2 page layout either.  I'd love to see what you make with fabric and paper. 

Remember that your project can play to win in two ways:


1) Upload your project(s) to CSDivas Gallery for a ticket and...
 2) post in my entries discussion: Valentines BH-Lori's Challenge Entries  and you will earn 1 extra ticket!!!
The final day to have any or all projects completed for a chance at the Grand Prize and for my RAK (scrapping goodies, of course!) is February 17th, 2011.  A winner will be drawn for the Grand Prize (and second prize as well) on February 22nd.  I will draw one winner by random.org on February 23rd to win my RAK. 

I'm so glad you stopped by and I do hope you had fun participating in the CSD first ever Valentine Blog Hop.  Now, it's time to head on over to Creative Scrapbooking Divas to let us know your thoughts on our blog hop. 

Wishing you a wonderful Valentine's Day filled with romance (maybe) and most of all, LOVE.

2 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

This is just beautiful! I just love all the elements you pulled together to make this perfect!

Helen Pigott said...

Beautiful layouts, really lovely.
Helen x
http://acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com