Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Creating Keepsakes Convention

My daughter, Jaclyn, and I spent last weekend at CKC in Manchester, NH.  We arrived last Thursday and came home late Saturday night.  As always we spent more time socializing and eating than cropping and spent lots of money!  We got some great things and if I had had the money, I'm sure I would've spent more than what I had brought with me.  I totally broke the bank, but I love what I bought.  I did make some videos so check them out here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/loridee21?feature=mhum  It's in 2 parts,but I may have to make a third video.

Here are a few pictures (all 27 of them!) of our time at CKC:

 Enjoying the pool on Thursday after we arrived and checked in.  Not much else going on.

 Jackie checks out which vendors we'll go to first on Friday morning.  Checking out the 'route' we'll take.
 My friend and boss (at work) Jane, me and Jaclyn waiting in line at 7:30 a.m.  Early entrance to the fair started at 9:00.  We were a bit tired and those floors were c-o-l-d!
 Sam from Technique Tuesday showing us how to put together the "Out of the Box" (an explosion box)
 Jackie showing off her cover at The Button Farm class.  Check me out below

Angela Moen ---founder of The Button Farm.  You gotta love this gal!  Love her minis and kits!
    Every night we ate at JD's Cafe and got their buffet meals.  Thursday was pasta, Friday was Mexican  (above) and Saturday was BBQ!   Yum-oh!


  Working on our projects at the Friday Night Crop.  The place was packed!
    Jane working on one of her page kits
   Betty Libby (Jane's sister) joined us for the convention.
 Megan Hoepner at the Friday night crop (She's the Associate Editor of CK mag)
 Me and Jaclyn at the Friday night Crop.  Below is Jackie, Me, Jane and Betty

 
Jackie spending some money!  I think this was the Strictly Scrapbooking booth
  Our first stop on Friday morning was The Button Farm!  Love this booth!!
    A photo shoot of me and Jackie by the Lickity Split display


   The Center of New Hampshire (Radisson) where the convention was held.
  I had to take this photo because my daughter's initials are JD.   JD's Tavern has great food!
     Jackie and I busily working on her Dog Mini before heading home on Saturday

 This is looking down into the lobby from the Mezzanine level  Some ladies crop here (which is what we did) instead of spending the money for the nightly crop.  This was soooo much quieter.
 I peeked in on the Saturday night crop and took a picture.  These crops are always full, but very noisy.  I find it hard to get anything done at these crops.


Well, thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

No comments: