Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So Busy---but it's a good busy!

Hello friends,

Just a post to let all of you know that I'm very busy finalizing all the 'stuff' that has to be done when purchasing a house.  I can't believe how different it is now than it was 18 years ago when we bought one.  I think it's more complicated now because it's a HUD owned home.  There are alot more stipulations, rules and regulations compared to buying a house that is currently occupied.  I'm getting excited though.  Last week was a tough week because we thought we might not be getting the house.   I haven't slept well, either, in probably two weeks.  I'm packing slow but sure as I get boxes from work.  I'm also busy as a bee with completing swaps that are late as of today.  Too much to do with so little time.  

Buying a house can be so.....stressful with feelings ranging from confusing to anxiety to meloncholy (leaving the place we've been in for almost 4 years) to excitement and joy.  Some days my husband and I are fighting over stupid stuff then we're hugging.   Ah, the joys of home ownership.    We'll be down-sizing big time and that's hard for me as well.  I really have to put my mind on the fact that I can't drag boxes and boxes of stuff with me that I haven't used in years.   My oldest daughter who's living with her boyfriend also has to come over and pack her personal belongings and take them with her.  We just won't have the rooom anymore.   I'll still have my own personal scrap space but it'll be in the basement.  My husband is going to put up wall to wall shelves, pegboards, etc.  It'll probably take a few months to complete so in the meantime, I'll be scrapping in the bedroom or on the dining room table.  Oh well.  It'll be worth it in the end.  

I plan on making some vids for YouTube tomorrow and will share them here as well. At this point, all I ask is that you send up prayers for us.   If I'm not posting as often, you'll know why.   

Well, I'm off to pack......

No comments: