Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Thought I'd Share My Gingerbread Kitchen

Here it is only 4 days before Christmas and I'm still decorating! I love decorating for Christmas and if I could get away with it, I'd be decorating right up to Christmas Eve.  My husband, of course, thinks it's too much, but oh well.   We just moved into our house about 3 weeks ago.  Our kitchen is not updated, but that'll change in a few years (fingers crossed).  For now, though, it'll do.  Enjoy!
This is my gingerbread garland along with gingerbread ornaments that hangs above my sink.  The gingerbread men are hard to see against the fabric, so you might have to look real close.
I have a VERY small kitchen with very limited counter space.  This is the corner which is pretty much 'dead space', so I decorated it with a gingerbread serving tray, striped candles, some old Avon gingerbread ornies, a soft cloth gingerbread angel, whimsy style place mats and some gingerbread S&P shakers.  Oh, and I hung gingerbread ornies from the cupboard handles. 

Here's a close-up on part of the corner (above)
I even decorate my stove top!  Here are 2 gingerbread S&P shakers with chef hats and a gingerbread warmer.  I just bought the soft gingerbread boy and girl at Target.  I did a simple garland with more gingerbread men.
Here are some closeups:

Well, that's it.  I'm done with the decorating until next year.

1 comment: