Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Building" A New Scrap Space

We've been in our 'new' house for about 6 weeks now and we're getting settled in.   I'm still unpacking boxes and putting things where they should be.  Yesterday, I spent the day hanging pictures on my bedroom walls and hanging draperies.  Also worked on the livingroom a bit as well.   My biggest project though is my scraproom in the basement. 

Because we moved, I no longer have the room that I once had.  But, this time, it's bigger and everything is in one room.  Before I had items in the basement, in my bedroom and of course, in the scrap room.  My husband has been building shelves upon shelves and helping me organize.

My husband has been building lots of shelves for me which I need.  I'm re-using old bookcases as well as parts of our old entertainment center.  I'm using the two 'bookcases' that were on each end of the entertainment center because the middle section (where the TV would go) was trashed.   I still have soooo much organizing to do, but I'll share some pictures of the before, during and once it's complete, the after.

Here's the before picture:
The basement already had this existing 'shelf' if that's what you want to call it, so my husband built upon this skeleton.  The floor was already painted red, so I'm leaving like that for now.  I took this picture before we moved in, when we were just looking at the house.
This is the opposite end (where my hubby's space will be).  Straight ahead is the red door that goes upstairs into the garage. 


Look at the first picture I posted and then at this.  What a difference!  'Course, my room is a horrible mess, because I had to put all my scrapping stuff down here and we're working around it. 
Yikes!  What a mess!  Hubby installed more shelves (the unit on the left).
This is standing at the oil burner looking over at the corner.  Michael is working on the two shelves we salvaged from the entertainment center.  Below is the "Before" picture:

And, here's another photo after a bit more work:



I'll have more pictures to follow soon.  Thanks for looking.

No comments: