Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Room Is Almost Done!

My husband and I put up a 'ceiling' of sorts the other day using sheets.  I think it came out pretty good!  We don't have the money right now to put up a hung ceiling and I didn't feel comfortable sitting at my desk scrapping with the thought of dust, dirt, etc falling down on me.  Plus it just didn't give the room a "completely" finished look.  My poor hubby though has injured his fingers to the point of needing stitches (which he refused to get) all in the name of making me my own room.   Ah, what a guy!

Once the ceiling was up, I started adding some decorative touches.  I put an old sheet around a small table that I'll use for my Cricut, Cuttlebug and other machines.  I plan on making a tableskirt for my big table out of scraps of fabric.   My other 'to-do's' for the room is to make a curtain, hang layouts along the wall, add labels to all the drawers of the plastic units, and organize the rest of my stuff. 

Here are more pictures:

This picture shows the 'ceiling'.  Don't mind the ugly red floor.

This is what it looks like standing at the door coming into the basement
Another view of the back wall where I covered a table with a sheet.  You can also see the 'ceiling' draped with sheets. 
Looking toward the wall with the ugly red door.  

The UGLY red floor and door are soon to be painted.  ICK!  But for now, it'll have to do.



No comments: