Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Several Swap Creations to Share with You!

Hi Everyone,
I want to share today some swap items that I completed and mailed out several days ago. 
This one is a vintage Valentine junk journal I made for the junk journal group over at Your Paper Pantry.  This is going out to Yurika Station---I hope she likes it.  There's very little embellishing because it's suppose to be left up to the recipient to decorate it how she wants.   Here are some inside pages:




If you've never done a junk journal before, they're alot of fun.  You just use scraps of paper, envies, tags, junk mail, basically anything that can be used to write on, to embellish and add character.

The other item I made was for the Junk Page swap at Your Paper Pantry.  The theme was Retro Kitchen using the colors  Red, Turquoise and Jadeite Green.   We had to make 8, decorating both sides and the hostess will bind 8 different pages into a junk recipe mini!   We were also to add vintage ephemera.   The only way I could do that was to download vintage images and use my "From The Kitchen" Cricut cartridge.   I love these colors together!  I used a red plaid patterned paper along with some striped paper that came close to the Jadeite Green.  I added a doily with a K&Co. lace edging to dress up the page. 


I found the image online that was perfect for my page--it had the same colors.  I then cut out from the cartridge a wooden spoon and created a 'pocket' for a vintage cookbook journaling spot:


The tag you see peeking out on the right is a large tag or photo mat or can be used for a recipe, that's tucked in between the chipboard base and the paper.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the edging.

The other side looks like this:

For this page, I used my "From the Kitchen" cartridge to cut out the stove, the oven mitt and the pot.  The pot pulls up to reveal a journaling spot or a small photo mat.

The recipe card is a vintage reproduction that I downloaded.  It's small, but it's perfect for journaling.  The pocket is edged with K&Co. paper lace and a recipe card or more photos can be tucked in here.  The polka-dot paper is fabric adhesive backed from Recollections and the pocket paper is Lilybean

Jane Bain, the hostess, is going to take all 8 pages and bind them together to create an amazing collaborative retro recipe mini.  I can't wait to see the final result.  Once I receive it, I'll post a video and pictures. 

The other swap I completed were ribbon flowers in the Flower Group--again over at Your Paper Pantry.  We had to make 3 sets of 4 flowers and we'll get 12 different ones back.   (Can you tell I'm addicted to the swaps over there?!---they have so many great groups).   Anyway.....

The theme was Easter/Vintage using neutral colors, but I don't think any of us used neutral tones.  I did use Easter colors and made them more vintage and shabby chic looking by adding lace, feathers, some bling,  and faux pearls on one.



This is a 'rolled' rose made from a lime grosgrain ribbon.  I attached lace, a white feather and a loop of faux pearls to finish it off. 

This is another rolled rose using two-tone satin ribbon.  I just love this flower!  I adhered the rose to a base of pink tulle and box pleated ribbon.  I then added a feather for the final touch.

This flower is made from gathered yellow-checked ribbon with a bling center.  I added a mesh loop for a leaf and a yellow feather.

And this is the fourth flower:

This is made from lace, a pink checked gathered ribbon, tan velvet ribbon and a vintage button.  I added a satin loop for a leaf and a white feather.  This flower is quite large--about 3 1/2" across.   These were so much FUN!

I'm now working on a cigar box for a swap over at......nope, not YPP, but MAS---Mini Album Scraps.   I'll share pictures of that in another post-- probably tomorrow.  

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.  Come back soon!

Wishing all of you a great day!

No comments: