Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Homemade "Clip It Up"

I thought I'd share my version of the Clip It Up (by Simply Renee).  Below is the real Clip It Up:

As I was organizing my new scraproom, I came upon this item that once housed paints, inks, and other assorted art supplies.  I haven't used it in a few years and almost got rid of it at a yard sale.   Thank God I didn't, because as it sat on the floor collecting dust, I had this brilliant idea to make it into my own Clip It Up!.  

This craft organizer is metal with three rotating squares that each held 4 plastic square containers to hold supplies.   It's called the Essentials Craft Storage Spinner by Plaid.                  

Pinned Image

So, as I was staring at this spinner, it occurred to me that I could use two out of the three rotating metal squares and attach them at two different heights to hold all my stickers.  As I started this project and began clipping on my stickers, I realized that I could only use one square.  I bought several metal shower curtain hooks (at Walmart, of course!) that are wonderful for this type of storage, as I could put several stickers by category onto one hook.  So far, it's working out great and although it might not look like it, I still have more room to add more stickers.  I would like to get one more for all my ribbon!

I hope this inspires you to look around your home for items you might be able to repurpose.    I'm linking up to "The Weekly Roundup" at It's A Blog Party and Under The Table And Dreaming.   Stop by and check them out!

Thanks for stopping by!


HoosierHomemade said...

What a great organizing idea! Thanks for sharing!

Missouris Lilac AJ said...

A fantastic idea for organizing!

Etcetorize said...

Great idea and recycle! Would love for you to stop by Etcetorize to share this at the Make it Great linky party that start tonight ( Hope to see you there~

Gloria Westerman said...

I saw this on Under the table and drean and had to come and look at this....what a clever idea....but I don't have desk space I'm going to hang this from my ceiling....thank you so much for sharing....