Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Guess Who I'm Going To Meet?!!

I am so excited!   I spent forever dialing my favorite scrapbook store in Mass. to sign up for a class hosted by none other than the man himself---TIM HOLTZ! 
Image Detail

He's coming to Absolutely Everything in May for the entire weekend and is hosting three different classes.  I would love to attend all three, but I just can't afford it.  I signed myself up and my daughter for the "Heart and Soul" class.  The description of the class is as follows:

"The appearance of riveted, scuffed, and weathered metal has a classic styling of the industrial era. The time worn finishes of layered metals create an innovative texture just perfect for altering and creating art. In this workshop, learn a cool “faux riveted metal” technique using metal foils, inks, and lots of steampunk idea-ology goods. Prepare to wander into a world of the heart and soul..."

It wasn't my first choice, but I don't care, I just want to be able to take a class to see Tim in action!    My first choice was the journal, but I guess it filled up quite fast.   It's going to be so fun!   It's more than a month away, but I have other things to keep me busy until then.  One thing that is exciting as weel is that  on April 28th and 29th, my daughter and I are heading to Manchester, NH for the Creating Keepsakes Convention.  This will be my 5th year attending and it's always alot of fun.  We socialize, go out to eat, take classes and try to get some scrapping time in.  I'll be sharing lots of photos of these two great events.

Check back as I'll have a post on some projects I've been working on.
Take care!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you are going to LOVE HIM! I met him at CHA in january. I was actually supposed to take some classes from him a couple of years ago but I got very sick and was in the hospital. : ( I was very excited to meet him, watch him demo and get my picture with him. Please post after your meeting! I would love to hear all about the class and your meeting! Have a great time!

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

I"m so excited for you!! I am such a Tim Holtz fan. I just bought a few more dies to go with my Bigkick. The metal class will be awesome. I'll have to google the event. Maybe you could share what you learn and what you make with us. Lisa