Monday, August 27, 2012

A Mini Album Page Swap to Share

Hello blogger friends!

I just mailed out my pages for the Junk Mini Page Swap at Your Paper Pantry.  The theme was Garden and the challenge was to use greens, yellows and one or two other colors.  I chose pale pink and blue which were very minimal.  

My pages are very simple (for me anyway).  After I mailed them out, I realized that I had forgotten to add the bling flourishes.  Aargh!  That would've added some sparkle to the pages--no pun intended!

Candace, the hostess, requested that they be fairly flat or they wouldn't fit into the binders that she's made for each one of us.  We each made six pages and decorated the front and back.  One of the requirements was to create a fold-out, tri-fold or similar feature for the page.   So, here they are:

This is the front page showing a pocket page using the paper from Imaginisce.  The background of the pocket is pink cardstock from Bazzill.  I added a K&Co.  journaling spot and on top of that I added a 3D K&Co. sticker flower.  The tag is by StudioG.  I just inked the edges and added another K&Co. sticker flower. 

This is the tag with another K&Co. journaling tag/spot on the bottom.

This is the backside of the tag---again, another K&Co. journaling spot.

Above shows the backside (or second page).  I created a tri-fold feature that is tied closed with ribbon.  It opens up to look like this:
and:
The papers used for this page was yellow cardstock (manufacturer unknown) along with daffodil paper by Recollections and Ivy paper created by Keepsake Designs (2003).  Yup, I've had that paper for a l-o-n-g time!  The top photo shows a simple page with a green strip on the side--that's actually a pocket for added photos if needed. 

Now, here's the video of the binders that Candace (KnCLodge) made for each one of us to hold all our pages:

I love this!  I can't wait to see this binder filled with beautiful garden-themed pages.   I'll post once I receive the album. 

thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: