Monday, January 21, 2013

A Springtime Mini to Share

I love spring.  When you live in Maine and have to deal with freezing temps, snow, slush and the deadness of winter for about 4 months, it's a relief to finally see signs of spring.   As I look out my window today though, spring is a long way off .   So to get out of the doldrums of winter, I made a mini dedicated to my favorite season:

The mini album is 6x6 using chipboard as the base for all the pages.   I used an assortment of flowers.  The paper for the cover is from Websters and the leaves are free cut from cardstock, folded to create dimension and inked.
 The pages are created using an assorted of papers from many different lines: K&Co, Prima, Bo Bunny, and other miscellaneous lines.  I added a diecut of flowers on the bottom right of the first page to give it some dimension and added a butterfly sticker.
                    I used a small notecard for journaling and added more butterflies.
This page is just a large photo mat tucked under a vintage seed packet I downloaded.  (Sorry it's sideways)
I printed out a garden quote, inked the edges.  I used flower edging  to dress up the page a bit.
I hated to cover up the picture on this page--it's so beautiful so I cut a pocket into the picture to tuck in a tag.  To the right of this page (although sideways) is a canvas 'sticker' that simpley says: "beauty". 
 I created a pocket using a punch border that I received from a swap along with K&Co. paper border.  Again, the paper is just gorgeous and I didn't want to cover it up.  A couple of 3D butterflies from K&Co. are added.
 This page is also a pocket with a velum pocket attached holding a small tag.  The glittery "S" is from K&Co. to signify Spring. 
 The 'pocket' of this page is actually a strip of paper that I pleated and inked. I created two tags usings 3D rose stickers from Martha S as tag pulls.
 I tend to create alot of pockets in my minis and this is another one.  The rose is a large diecut from K&Co.  An oversized tag fits nicely. (see below)

 Another tag using Websters paper that sits beneath the rose diecut.
The side 'pocket' of this page is cut from a 12x12 sheet.  I added two filligree butterflies that I think are from Martha S.  Not quite sure.  The tag is made from embossed cardstock.
 These next two pages are the brightest in the whole album.  Another pocket--told you I loved pockets!---holds a vintage tag.  A quote is adhered to the page beneath the tag.
 This is the opposite page. A standard pocket holding 2 tags and embellished with butterfly stickers and a bling flourish. 
 I created a pocket of sorts from a bird on a nest and fussy-cut the flower and leavers for the upper left which helps hold the tags in place.
 These two pages are simple---just a photo mat and a quote.

 The upper two pages are photo mats with more garden quotes.  The photo mat on the left has a tag tucked beneath it for more photos or journaling.
This is my 'yellow' page-sunflowers and daisies.  I used sunflower 3D stickers from Jolee's, a punched border from a swap, yellow checked ribbon and some paper from K&Co.
 The opposite page has more sunflowers with yellow checked paper with greens and browns for contrast.  The border on the upper right was punched using a MS punch.  I attached a 3D bumblebee.  I believe the yellow patterned paper is Tim Coffey.
 This page is a transparency with a pink flower in the corner. 
 The opposite page is another border punch from the same swap where I got the other two.  In this pocket are two large photo mats.  A flower sticker dresses up the punched pocket.
 This is a 'fold-out' page.  On the green side, I adhered a glittered chipboard birdcage with a blue bird transparency from K&Co. 
 Here's a close-up of the fold-out page
 Another pocket using paper from "The Paper Co." that holds a photo mat or journaling block. 
 A corner pocket using a large flower diecut from K&Co holds two more tags.
 This bright pink page is actually an 'explosion' page--see below:

 Each block of this page has a small corner pocket.
 The above page is a pocket -photomat page.  It was so pretty, I hated to cover it up.
 And this is the back--with a garden quote, and my signature.  I was thinking of selling this, so I added the "created for" and "from" to sign to whomever bought this mini.
And this shows just how bulky this mini is! 
Thank you for taking the time to look at my mini.  I love sharing my work.   I'm also linking to these challenges:
 
  1.  Nicely Done Designs  Mystery Box #4
  2.  All Sorts Challenge  Flower Power
     
 
 

6 comments:

Sara I. said...

Hi Lori :). Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love on my mini!! Your visit made me smile :). Yours is amazing!! Live all the pockets you created and the papers are just gorgeous!!! Truly inspiring! Xxx

Chana Malkah said...

I adore your mini album and I love that you posted all the pictures of the pages! The composition of your mini is wonderful and the papers you chose are just beautiful. Nice technique with the flowers, I will have to remember that!
So happy that you joined us here! I hope you will play in future Mystery Box Challenges.
Hugz,
Chana

Wendy L said...

Wow this is quite a creation and so gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. xxx

brenda said...

A really lovely creation and perfect for our 'Flower Power' theme Lori.

It's great to see you at Allsorts challenge this week, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Added: I've had several attempts to post my comment Lori, but if I manage I want to let you know it's very difficult because you have word verification switched on - I know a lot of people aren't aware.

Edie said...

Lori, I can't believe all the realestate you have in that gorgeous album. It is truly beautiful. So glad you played with us at Nicelydonedesigns.

Unknown said...

Love this! So beautiful!!!!! <3