Saturday, January 12, 2013

Happy New Year (although a bit late) and Stuff to Share!

Happy New Year fellow bloggers!

I bet you thought that I had fallen off the face of the earth or perhaps been abducted by aliens, right?  Well, the last two months have been quite busy around here and I did my best to post, but obviously wasn't keeping up like I wanted to.  At first, I felt guilty, but then told myself that I shouldn't--that I deserved a break.  I needed the time to recoup, to spend quality with my family and with myself!   I love to create and share them with you as well as sharing the ups and downs of my life, but I was getting too overwhelmed and decided that blogging had to wait.  So, I'm back and hoping to keep to a better schedule.

I've put away the Christmas decorations and am still trying to get the house in order!  LOL!  

Now with the new year upon us, I've decided to make a few resolutions.   Ahhh, that forbidden word---"resolutions".   Okay, maybe I should change it to New Year Plans or New Year Projects.   Hmmmm......

So far my list reads like this:
1.   Join a gym
2.   Lose 30 lbs by July (my daughter's wedding is in August)
3.   Help my daughter lose 30 lbs.
4.   Be consistent with keeping my blog up to date
5.   Get rid of unwanted items and donate to charities or to thrift stores
6.   Make a list of 'renovations' to make to the house and yard
7.   Spend less!!
8.  Learn to be more thrifty
9.  Do not sign up for more swaps than I can handle
10. Work on Valerie's flowers for the wedding

and the list will get longer, I'm sure.   Of course, after the top 3 on the list, I can't guarantee the rest, but I'll try.

So, what have I been up to lately?  
I've completed and received a few swaps in the last couple of months.   At Mini Album Scraps, I was involved in a "12 Days of Christmas" swap with Nancy S and I received some great goodies (pictures to follow in a separate post).  I also won a prize package from Merry at MAS as well!  LOVE my goodies!!!  Thank you, Merry!




 On Your Paper Pantry, I got back the "Pretty in Pink" mini album which is very nice :

and a "Snow Days" mini album from Sarah E. on MAS. I'll be taking pictures of the inside pages and will post later.



 I got tons of goodies as 'extras' from these gals as well---lots of laces, trims, tags and assorted embellies.  Thank you so much, ladies, for these wonderful items!

Also, I've been sick--awful head cold along with some nauseau and a low grade fever.   I'm feeling better now, but still have a 'stuffy' head and minor cold symptoms. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: