Saturday, March 8, 2014

More Swaps to Share

I have two swaps to share with you---altered cards for the Artful Inspiration Deck group and altered salt shakers for the Romantic Cottage group, both of which are at Your Paper Pantry.




 These shakers are designed to hold glitter or very small beads or other items that are small enough to be poured out.   I couldn't find any vintage shakers, so I bought some modern ones at my local dollar store and used alcohol inks to color the chrome.  I then added layers of lace, a large crystal bead to the top for a 'topper' of sorts and a Prima rose, feather, glitter flower, and a key to dress up the front.  I used rose ribbon trim to cover the seam in the back.   This swap was to make 3 and get 3 different ones back.  I'll share with you what I get back once I receive them.

The other swap was for the Artful Inspiration Deck group.  This is the second month in which we alter some playing cards according to the theme of that month.  For this one, it was to use decorative paper napkins.  And, again, we had to use a quote or a prompt.  My prompt was to "imagine an enchanted place and create it in your journal using magazine clippings, drawings and mixed media".    Here's a look:


I had to make 20 this time around and saved one for me to add to the other assorted ones I'll get back.  The fronts are decorated with a napkin of flowers and butterflies.  I painted the back with 3 different colors--greens, sky blue and a mauve.  I then stamped a butterfly with Staz On ink then added my prompt outlining it in black marker.  

I'm also in the Travelogue group over at Mini Album Scraps.   I'll share that in another post.  Here's a sneak peak:


Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again, 'cause I have more to share!






No comments: