Thursday, December 19, 2013

Three Months Is Just Too Long!!!

Oh. My. Gosh!   I can't believe it's been 3 months since I've posted, but I do have a good excuse.  Actually, I have lots of good excuses.  I think it might be best if I break everything down into monthly increments, maybe with a picture or two.   I hope you'll stick around and read what I've been up to.  Honestly, I feel just awful that I've neglected my blog. 

September:   This was a month that I don't want to repeat.  Zachery, my grandson, was expelled from school after attending it for 7 days.  Yes, 7 days.  During his time out of school, he decided to get into even more trouble and at the end of September, I had to make a trip to the ER where he stayed for 3 days until he could be transferred to a crisis unit because we didn't feel safe at home--my husband, my daughter and myself. 

On a more exciting note, I became a great-grandmother!!!   My step-granddaughter, Jazmine, gave birth to a boy on September   .  His name is Bentley and he is just adorable!!! 

Also, this month, I started a new job.  I work as a residential aide at a waiver home for the mentally handicapped.  I really love my job, but I had a lot of training--at work and at home, using the computer.   Between dealing with Zachery and starting a new job working 40 hours a week, plus training, I put my blog aside. 

October---This month was very emotional.  Zachery continued to run away, get in trouble with the law until one night he assaulted my husband.  The police brought him to the ER where he spent 3 days before going into another hospital that is geared towards the mentally ill.  Zachery spent two weeks there, waiting for a crisis unit bed to open.  

This month I was in an Altered Paintbrush Swap hosted by Mona at Your Paper Pantry.  I had never made one of these before and wanted to try it out.  It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I participated.  Mona was my partner.   Here's a pic of the one I made:

I didn't take a picture (yet) of the one I received from Mona.  Hmmm, I'll have to do that soon and put that in a separate post.   Anway.....


November:  Zachery was finally transferred to a crisis unit in Belfast---3 1/2 hours north of us, although it's not what we wanted.  My daughter and I spent the day  in Belfast/Searsport area of Maine.  We stopped for lunch then did a little bit of sight-seeing, but had to cut it short as it was cold and we had along drive back home ahead of us.  He spent two weeks at the crisis unit and was transferred to a crisis unit closer to home in Saco.  Meanwhile, I'm still busy at my job---training for my CRMA and my DSP title.  

I also attended a Stampin' Up with Tara" crop in Wells with my daughter Jackie,  and had a great time.  I finished a mini album--the only thing I worked on and was pleased.  It was actually a kit I purchased from The Button Farm two years ago.  I have sooooo many kits, so I usually bring one or two to a crop in hopes of finally getting them completed.


 
December:   Busy as always.  We celebrated Thanksgiving on December 1st because I had to work Thanksgiving Day.  It was so strange to celebrate a holiday on a different day. 




 



 My days are filled with decorating,  shopping and working.  I started to keep notes for a December Daily, but so far, I haven't even made the book!   I just have so much on my plate.  Today was Zachery's 15th birthday, so my husband and daughter went up to visit him--I couldn't because I was working.   I'll share some photos of my Christmas décor (such as it is) and an updated pic of Bentley:

 
I'll post more Christmas decorating in another post.  But, for now, that's about it.  Thanks for reading along.  Stop by soon and I hope I'll have a more positive blog post.  

No comments: