Thursday, January 30, 2020

Where Have I Been?!!!

That's a great question.  I haven't posted a thing in two years.  Wow, two years!!!  That's awful to be honest.  I've tried to keep up with posts, but in the last two years, life has thrown me some pretty bad curve balls.  My grandson and his girlfriend moved in when she was pregnant then lived with us for a year (until August of 2019) when we had to throw them out due to some serious issues on my grandson's end.  Since then, there have still been struggles with him, and the girlfriend and baby, in our lives that will probably always be there, so I have to find a way to deal with the issues and move on.  I also lost my job back in August of 2019--coincidence?  Hmmm, I don't think so.  Hubby is now retired but has health issues and trying to do anything in the house with my husband home is difficult, to say the least.  I then went back to work in October but now I'm out of work...again and now looking.

So, why haven't I been posting on this blog?  Well, I started back up with writing and that's been my focus for the last 3 years in between all the BS that's been going on.   I really want to get published and I have to FOCUS on that.  Yes, that is my new word for the year:  FOCUS.  I have to focus on my writing, focus on organizing my house; focus on family and most importantly, focus on me.

I haven't been in my scrap room in a long time.  I would just bring stuff down and clutter up the area until my husband recently told me that it was time to clean up the room or give it up.  What?!  Give it up?  I can't do that.  I use that room.  Whoa!  Wait a minute.  I had to stop and think about what I had just said.  I don't use that room.  It's just an area for me to dump my craft and scrapping supplies and that's it.  Then I realized I didn't like my room anymore.  It was. . . uninspiring.  My husband wanted to take down the old-fashioned plywood the previous owner had put up because we found mice behind the 'makeshift' walls.  Ewwww.  So, after solving that problem, my husband took down the walls and painted the concrete walls.  Oh, did I tell you my scrap room is in the basement?

It's a good sized room with plenty of shelves (created by hubby) for lots of storage.  I used to hang out down there when we first bought the house 8 years ago, but then 3 years ago, the writing muse came back to me and I couldn't let go.  I had to write again.  So, scrapbooking went on the back burner.  I have been attending a couple of crops a year with my daughter which keeps me motivated, but I don't do near as much scrapping as I used to.

With that said, I decided that I was going to reorganize my scrapbook room and see if it helped.  For two days--seven hours each day, I rearranged, reorganized and re-imagined my room.  And now I like it!  It feels inspiring to me now.  I've also decided to do my writing down there as well.  I can now use this room for both of my loves---writing and scrapping.

I'll have to post pics in another blog posts.  Somehow I can't get the pictures off my phone to my computer.  That's the next problem to tackle.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: